The $1,000 Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship program opened to US students.
This Scholarship Program aims to help remove the financial burden that comes with the school by providing deserving students of all ages with the opportunity to pay for college or graduate school.[the_ad id=”526″]
The Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship winners are entitled to earn $1,000. Legal residents of the U.S, 9th-12th-grade high school, college or graduate school students are welcome to apply for this Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship 2019 contest. The Gen and Kelly Tanabe Program were named after Gen and Kelly Tanabe who are the award-winning authors of eleven books on admission and scholarships, their generous donations fund the program.
Together the Tanabes were accepted to all of the Ivy League colleges and won more than $100,000 in merit-based scholarships to graduate from Harvard debt-free.
They tour nationally speaking about college planning and have served as expert sources for USA Today, The New York Times, CNN, and U.S. News & World Report. Their books are great, but their scholarships are even better.
Financial aid powerhouse couple Gen and Kelly pass out scholarships every spring and fall semester to students worthy of the award.
While there are no clear-cut rules on GPA or SAT requirements to land this one, the student has to be able to write about their academic goals and past achievements.
The selection will be based on the quality of their personal statement, application forms must be submitted no later than July 31, 2019. Students not currently in school must plan to enroll in a higher education program within 12 months.
The first scholarship was awarded in 2001 and since then the scholarship program has been awarding money to help students pay for college or graduate school.
The goal is to create a level field where students have complete control over their applications and are not given an advantage or disadvantage based on financial or academic circumstances.
Selection of the winner is made by an independent panel of judges based primarily on the quality of the submitted personal statement/essay.
More information about the Tanabe Scholarship
Due to the number of applications that are received, only the Gen and Kelly Tanabe scholarship winners will be notified. the scholarship Winners for each year’s competition will be contacted by email and/or postal mail and the decision of the selection committee is final.
Level/ Field Of Study:
Students may study any major and attend any college in the U.S. The gen and kelly Tanabe student scholarship is provided for applicants to study any of the courses offered by the university.
The scholarship opportunity is to be taken in USA. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2019 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
The scholarship is open to all USA citizens and residents. Meanwhile, If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The best applicants will be selected to receive up to $1,000 which may be used for tuition, room and board, books or any related educational expense. It is a non-renewable scholarship.
To be eligible for the Tanabe’s scholarships
To be eligible for this Scholarship, the applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship;
- 9th-12th-grade high school, college, or graduate student including adult students
- He or she must be Currently in school or planning to start school within the next 12 months
- He or she must be a Legal resident of the U.S.
- Applicant must Submit your personal statement/essay
Applying for the Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship[the_ad id=”526″]
There are no age limits for gen and Kelly Tanabe scholarship program. Applications are available online on the scholarship website and must be completed online. The student must include an essay of 250 words or less on the topic of his/her choice.
Applicants that are interested in 1000 Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship should adhere to the following steps:
- Please fill out the online application form on http://www.genkellyscholarship.com.
- Write down your personal statement.
- Registration is free, and each applicant may enter the scholarship once during each registration time frame.
- The Tanabes is not responsible for errors, omissions, lost, late, interruptions, deletions, and delays in operations or transmission, invalid, incomplete, technically corrupted or misdirected entries.
- These types of entries will be disqualified, although all entries become the property of the 1000 Gen and Kelly Student Scholarship and will not be returned.
- The 1000 Gen and Kelly Student Scholarship are not responsible for any claims, liabilities or damages in conjunction with the prize of the scholarship or with the process of meeting the scholarship rules.
- The $1,000 Gen and Kelly Student Scholarship reserves the right to disqualify entrants for any reason deemed fit at any time. Scholarship rules, dates, deadlines, award amounts, and guidelines are subject to updates and/or modifications at any time and for any reason.
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry.
- If a potential winner cannot be contacted after reasonable effort within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, then he/she will forfeit the award prize. The scholarship award will be paid directly to the winner upon verification that the winner applied.
- All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses, associated with the receipt or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The scholarship may be tax-free if the recipient meets all IRS requirements. The prize is awarded without warranty of any kind, express or implied, without limitation. If the winner chooses not to accept the prize, an alternate winner may be chosen.
Deadline for submitting an application
The application must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PST on the deadline date. The spring competition begins on Jan. 1 and ends on July 31, 2019. The fall competition begins on Aug. 1 and ends on Dec. 31, 2019.
Winners will be notified approximately eight weeks after the close of the scholarship deadline. The winners will be contacted directly via email and/or postal mail.
For More Information:
Applicants can visit http://www.gkscholarship.com/
They could forward their questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-618-2221