Do you want to be a part of a fully sponsored program that will help you grow your talents and broaden your knowledge as an entrepreneur? In 2022, there will be a Fully-Funded Young Entrepreneurs Westerwelle Founders Program for developing countries, and all applicants must apply by the state deadline.
The program’s goal is to bring together young creators from developing and emerging economies as well as the German startup ecosystem.
Take your time reading this content because the World Scholarship Forum has compiled all of the information you’ll need to be a part of the Westerwelle Founders Program 2022.
About The Westerwelle Foundation
The Westerwelle Young Founders Program is a year-long program for 25 excellent entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies that is completely sponsored. The Westerwelle Foundation sponsors an annual conference in Berlin called the Young Founders Conference as part of the program.
Please visit the Westerwelle Young Founders Program for more information.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Program is hosted in Berlin, Germany.
The Westerwelle Founders Program is open to all African and Developing Countries.
The program offers
- The Westerwelle Young Founders Conference – a week-long conference in Berlin to get to know fellow Young Founders, the German startup scene, and strengthen their entrepreneurial skills by attending workshops and meetings (travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation);
- A personal mentor who is an experienced entrepreneur and will function as a sparring partner with whom you can discuss upcoming challenges and new opportunities;
- Monthly peer mentoring calls with the other successful Young Founders of the cohort to share knowledge with and support each other;
- Expert sessions on relevant topics (e.g. OKRs, investor KPIs, marketing & sales);
- The Young Founders Network — a strong alumni network that functions as a platform for all Young Founders to connect with each other, exchange ideas and find support for existing challenges;
- Exposure to the Berlin startup scene and the public for you and your startup via our social media channels and our networks,
- Assistance beyond the program as they remain a contact person for the Young Founders and will help you to find suitable experts for challenges, offer possibilities to share learnings with current cohorts or celebrate successes.
Eligibility For Westerwelle Founders Program 2022
- Applicant must have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model that has achieved Product-Market Fit and has ideally secured first external funding (if you run a business model that requires external investment);
- Your company is based in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies;
- You possess a good working knowledge of English;
- You are available to attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin and can make time to participate in monthly mentoring and peer mentoring calls for the 6-month program.
Please note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany and valid travel medical insurance.
Application process for Westerwelle YFP Spring 2022
- Application deadline (3rd of December, 11pm CEST)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (25th of November to 17th of December)
- Jury decision and selection of participants (5th of January)
- Notification of all applicants (7th of January)