To help you to create your own path towards your career destination, the Columbia SIPA- School of International and Public Affairs is pleased to announce the SIPA fellowships in the U.S.
The program is open for the international and domestic applicants who wish to study a master’s degree at the Columbia SIPA.
The School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University (also known as SIPA) is Columbia’s professional and graduate school of international affairs and public policy school, located in Morningside Heights, Manhattan, New York City.
Why at Columbia SIPA? They provide a professional development course, career events, recruitment and employer outreach programs, and networking opportunities. The Office of Career Services provides students with the necessary tools to successfully manage their professional development throughout their careers.
- University or Organization: Columbia SIPA- School of International and Public Affair
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate or Assistantship
- Award: Reduction in tuition fee or full salary
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the US
- Eligible Countries: US and international candidates are eligible
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any subject offered by the school
- Eligibility Criteria: For being considered, you have to meet the eligibility criteria:
- For SIPA Scholarships:
- Candidates have to take admission in the postgraduate degree program at the school
- The awards are based on a combination of merit and financial need
- For SIPA Assistantship:
- An assistantship is only available for second-year students only
- All applicants must be in good academic standing
How to Apply
How to Apply: To be a part of the program,
- For SIPA Scholarships: Students are required to take admission to the master’s degree coursework at the school. After being enrolled, you will be automatically considered for the grant
- For SIPA Assistantship: Aspirants who wish to be considered for these positions must submit the Assistantship application to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Supporting Documents: The school may ask you for official academic transcript from all the previous school attended, copy of passport (for international students) and tell them how a SIPA education will help you contribute to solving our biggest global challenges—whether in economic development, human rights, energy, science, finance, or other fields.
- Admission Requirements: All scholarship recipients must meet SIPA’s standards for satisfactory academic progress in order to be renewed. All applicants for assistantships, most student loans, and work-study must meet these standards as well:
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- satisfactory completion of a minimum of 2/3 of all credits attempted
- a pace for completion of the degree in no more than 150 percent of the published time frame normally required
- academic progress is reviewed on an annual basis
- All the students must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution prior to enrolling at SIPA and also provide valid GRE and GMAT scores.
5. Language Requirement: Claimants have to demonstrate proficiency in the English language adequate for study at the master’s level. A score of at least 100 on the TOEFL Internet-based exam, 7 on the IELTS exam, or 68 on the PTE exam is required.
- The SIPA The studentships are credited towards the tuition cost of the students
- The SIPA Assistantship will cover the full salary with a work commitment for the applicants
- Deadline for MIA, MPA, MPA-DP Spring 2020: October 15, 2019
- Deadline for Fall 2020: Early action deadline is November 1, 2019 and Final application deadline is February 5, 2020
- EMPA Deadline for Spring 2020 is December 15, 2019 and for Fall is July 1, 2020
- MPA-EPM Deadline for Summer 2020: Early action deadline is November 15, 2019 and Final application deadline is February 15, 2020
- MPA-ESP Deadline for Summer 2020: Early action deadline is November 1, 2019 and Final application deadline is February 15, 2020