Smart Microsystem and Advanced-materiaLs Lab (SMALL) is offering applications for Graduate Research Assistant positions at the School of Mechatronics Engineering at Korea University of Technology and Education (Koreatech).
The program will support PhD candidates with half tuition fee, salary and travel cost while the candidate pursues a PhD or master degree. The motivated candidates will able to work in exciting Korean government projects in coming March 2020.
Korea University of Technology and Education offers multiple opportunities for students to develop their skills and qualifications through practical training. SMALL is established on March 1st 2013 by Prof. Kim at KoreaTech.
Why at Korea University of Technology and Education? KoreaTech has more than 80 labs with the latest lab equipment and students have 24 hours access to the labs for their research and study.
Application Deadline: 5 November 2019
- University or Organization: SMALL & Korea University of Technology and Education (KoreaTech)
- Department: School of Mechatronics Engineering at KoreaTech
- Course Level: PhD or master degree
- Award: 50% tuition, monthly salary and travel cost for conferences
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2 – 3
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Korea
- Eligible Countries: Applications from across Korea as well as globally are accepted
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded for PhD or master degree
- Admissible Criteria: The applicants must check the following eligibility criteria:
- PhD candidate preferred
- BS/MS in mechanical/electrical/optical engineering/physics is required in the area (1).
- BS/MS in chemistry/material/mechanical engineering is required in the area (2)
Areas: The RAs will work in exciting Korean government projects, (1) MEMS and laser metrology and (2) nano-composite project funded from the Korean government and Koreatech.
- Having publications and research experiences plus.
- Non-Korean Nationality (While ethnic Koreans can apply, dual nationality is not accepted)
- Strong communication skills in English for teaching and research
- Over 3 years of work experience (teaching, research, industrial experience)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for Graduate Research Assistant positions, applicants should email their detailed CV as soon as possible including a record in English standard test like TOEFL to byungki.kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit a current resume and English Proficiency test certificate. (Additional for university – Degree certificate, Academic transcript, a Career certificate, Copy of PhD Thesis, and Full texts (PDFs) of Representative Achievements)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a BS/MS degree or currently pursuing PhD or maser degree to consider for the positions.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to have English standard test e.g. TOEFL
- To check full information and download the application visit https://www.koreatech.ac.kr/eng.do
The program will provide funding to cover 1/2 tuition, monthly salary starting from around KRW 60,000,000 depending on applicants’ experience (covering enough the rest of the tuition/month plus living cost) and possible travel cost for conferences while pursuing a Ph.D. or a master degree.