Applicants are invited to apply for the Ernst and Grace Matthaei Scholarship at the University of Melbourne in Australia, and application submission continues till 31 October 2019. The University of Melbourne is inviting application for a research scholarship in the optical field. This scholarship program is on to both Australian and International students and applicants are advised to ensure that they comply with the eligibility criteria as listed.
- The Ernst and Matthaei Scholarship was established by a bequest from Grace Moran Matthaei in 1982 to assist students who are undertaking research in the optical field.
- The University usually awards one scholarship per year.
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Melbourne | Australia
Level: Undertaking research
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded for research related to optics, in a particular study in genetics, botany, zoology, geology, microbiology or biochemistry
Deadline: 31 October 2019
Funded By: University of Melbourne, Australia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Ernst and Grace Matthaei Scholarship is targeted for Australian and international students
- Award No: The University usually awards one scholarship per year.
- Scholarship Duration: The duration of the Ernst and Grace Matthaei Scholarship is two years for students undertaking a Master by research degree and three years, with a possible six-month extension, for students undertaking a Doctorate by research degree.
- The scholarship covers the following benefits:
- a living allowance of $28,000 per annum (pro-rata) paid fortnightly;
- limited paid sick, maternity and parental leave,
- a relocation allowance, and thesis allowance
To be considered for Ernst and Grace Matthaei Scholarship, you must:
- undertake research related to optics, in a particular study in genetics, botany, zoology, geology, microbiology or biochemistry;
- meet the requirements for an Australian Postgraduate Award selection criteria
Eligible candidates are selected on the basis of academic merit and other factors relevant to the proposed research, such as professional experience, refereed publications or specialist medical qualifications.
‣ Successful candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application via email by the end of December.
Scholarship Application Method
- Applicants must submit an application for this scholarship:
- The current University of Melbourne students who are enrolled in a research degree for which they wish to receive an Ernst and Grace Matthaei Scholarship must apply through the Student Portal.
All other students must complete an Application for Admission to Graduate Research Degree Candidature and Scholarship
You must indicate in your application that you wish to be considered for this scholarship.
After you have submitted your application you must provide to Melbourne Scholarships written confirmation that your proposed or current research is in the field of optics or on problems logically allied with optics.
This advice must be provided by your supervisor, head of department or postgraduate coordinator in the department in which the graduate research degree is, or will be, undertaken.
- Scholarship Applications are due on 31 October 2019
Next round would be on the following dates:
Opens: 1 July 2019
Closes: 31 October 2019
Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to read the application procedure and visit the official website.